For specific questions regarding copyright law, visit our Frequently Asked Questions section. The Bennett Law Office is located in Lewisville, Texas and works with clients not only in the Dallas/Fort Worth Metroplex, but all across Texas and Tennessee.
Copyright law falls under the umbrella of intellectual property law. A copyright arises when an original work is fixed in a tangible means of expression. Literary works, paintings, songs, films, software code, websites and photographs are all examples of works protected by copyright law.
Copyright Lawyer Tamera Bennett works closely with clients to identify and protect clients’ copyrightable works. An integral party of the services we offer is negotiating licenses for third party uses of clients’ intellectual property.
Interpretation and enforcement of copyright law is a primary focus of Attorney Tamera Bennett’s practice. She is a frequent lecturer on issues such as reclaiming authors/heirs rights under provisions of the 1909 and 1976 Copyright Acts.
Examples of legal services we provide:
- Prosecution of copyright applications
- Domestic and foreign licensing of Works
- Assisting clients in regaining copyrights by exercising termination provisions and the renewal term provision of The Copyright Act
- Investigation and litigation preparation related to copyright infringement Licensing of performance, literary and visual rights
- Copyright clearance
- Work For Hire agreements
- Copyright assignments
- Copyright Portfolio Management
The U.S. Copyright Office is also a great resource for information.